MAST CLIMBING WITH ROYAL ALBATROSS AT RESORTS WORLD SENTOSA
Experience one of the more challenging aspects of a sailor’s life and climb the mast 21 metres above the decks of the Royal Albatross. Be it to prepare the sails or to do repairs; mast climbing has been an essential part of tall ship sailing since time immemorial. Sailors would also clamber up to the crow’s nest to watch for land or other ships or approaching storms.
This traditional tall ship boasts four masts that tower high above the waters of Sentosa. They support 22 sails all manually operated by 200+ ropes, just like they were from a bygone era. The Mast Climb is suitable for adults and children over 7 years old that are physically fit and looking to do something excitingly different! Great for that once-in-a-lifetime video/photo on top of a historic tall ship, an exhilarating activity for you at Resorts World Sentosa.
Now, visitors to Sentosa get to take up this challenge to reach greater heights and reach 21 metres above sea level as they look upon the view beneath them. A reward for conquering a different trial unlike any other in the region.
Team Building Activities – Company Retreats and Corporate Events
Our guests experience a spectacle when our crew scale Royal Albatross’ masts and climb into her rigging to set sail. All 22 sails are operated manually from the deck using nearly 200 ropes and pulleys. In fact, the phrase “learning the ropes” originates from hundreds of years ago when Tall Ship crew had to learn the purpose, function, and position of every rope to become a full-fledged sailor.
Climbing the rig is not for the faint of heart. It requires skill, deftness, and physical fitness to deploy the sails while underway. Naturally, safety is our number one priority so our crew wears high-tech harnesses to keep them secure as they work aloft 28m above the deck.
Feeling adventurous? Guests and corporate groups looking for an out of office team building activities, this thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime challenge can try their hand at climbing Royal Albatross’ rig under the strict supervision of our experienced crew. Rig-climbing is also featured in our unique team-building programme, as part of a series of activities designed to focus on different aspects of the participant’s personal skills, development, and team-working ability.
Team Bonding for Success
The close teamwork necessary for operating a Tall Ship has always and continues to provide a wonderful framework for team building activities. Away from the office, guests soon forget workplace politics in company team building retreats as they focus on the unfamiliarity of the Tall Ship.
Under the guidance of professional facilitators and our crew, guests work in teams to achieve the objectives of activities designed to help guests discover hidden strengths and talents, to appreciate the value of others and, of course, the value of working as a team.
The activities are nautical based and make the most of the Tall Ship environment including hoisting the sails, learning some of the ropes, navigation, knots and rig climbing. Our activities are fun, unusual and challenging with an educational focus.
5 program levels are available, 2 alongside and 3 at sea ranging between 3 and 8 hours with level 5 involving raft building.
If you are an explorer looking for adventure, a thrill-seeker, or maybe someone seeking to overcome their fear of heights, this is the activity for you waiting at Resorts World Sentosa.
– Minimum Age : 9 years old
– Minimum Height : 1.1metres
– Maximum Weight : 120kg
– Indemnity form & Hang Test are required prior climbing the mast
– The parent or guardian of a climber under the age of 18 years old shall complete and sign the indemnity form
– Climbers must not be under influence of any drugs and alcohol
– Climbers are not allowed to carry any handheld devices or equipment throughout the climb experience for safety reasons
– Proper attire and shoe wear (Flat soft-soled shoes) are required
– Climbers must be able to maintain 3 point contact at any time during the climb
– For Mast Climb, it is not suitable for:
– Expectant Woman
– Guests who are with hearing, vision and physical disabilities
– Guests with a history of back or neck conditions
– Guests with a history of heart or blood pressure trouble
– Guests who are susceptible to motion sickness
– Guests who are susceptible to fears of height
– Guests with recent surgery
PRICE AT $58 PER PAX
- One mast climb session (21m above sea level)
- Digital photo on top of the mast
- Certificate of achievement
- $25 F&B voucher
Non-sailing Days 10.30am to 6.00pm Sailing Days 10.30am to 3.00pm
Adjacent to Adventure Cove at Resorts World Sentosa. Click HERE to view the map.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Click HERE to view full Terms & Conditions
- Mast Climb are conducted throughout the day with stipulated time slots
- Reservations are recommended to be made at least 24 hours in advance.